Monday, February 13, 2012

City of Rocks State Park


Saturday May 8, 2010 (a.m.)
Camp 6: City of Rocks State Park.  Biked 34 miles.

I lay here, toasty in my sleeping bag with the gentle breeze kissing my cheeks.  The wispy clouds turn pink as the day comes to life.  The doves mourn in the distance and all else is quiet.  We slept out under a blanket of stars last night with three visible planets.  Serenaded by owls as we lay enveloped by the sky, “welcome back to the trail,” little g whispers.  We are both home.  As I close my eyes the coyotes bark and howl sending a wave of excitement through my entire body.  It is beautiful on many levels, surrounded by a city of rocks formed from volcanic ash millions of years ago, the creatures of the night and the sounds of the morning.  Peaceful.













No comments:

Post a Comment